Lifetime Writing instruments-Papermate Profile pen

Tuesday, April 11, 2006





























For those of us in business or sales that do a lot of writing away from our computers, we all have a favorite writing instrument, or pen. As for me, over the years that had become the Papermate Profile ballpoint pen in Regular grip. You know, the pen that has a Chrome cap and clip and various barrel colors which ranged from "baby poop brown", to red, green, blue, black and teal.
The pen that was made to feel like a "quality" writing instrument by weighting the cap end with a small "brass" insert. The pen that used to sell for $3.99, then $4.99, $5.99 and $6.99.

It has also been available for those with smaller hands in the slim grip. I say has been available because Papermate, dropped the Papermate Profile Pen in the Slim grip in 2003. That didn't really concern me, since I have always written with the Papermate Profile pen in the regular grip. To my dismay, I found out that they also "Retired" the regular grip pen in 2004. I found that out when I could not find it anywhere through my usual sources.
For those of you who may need a little mind jogging, I have tried to enclose a picture.
One thing that makes this one of the best writing instruments is the ink. Papermate has perfected the ink flow with their "Lubriglide" ink refill system. The Lubriglide ink is incredibly smoooth writing, doesn't blob, or smear, (even for us "lefties). And of course it is available in the ever popular blue and black ink colors. I prefer black to blue as I like that bold look. However my friends in the mortgage business always prefer the blue ink. These refills also fit other popular Sanford Papermate pens like the PHD. The Papermate Lubriglide refills are available in both fine point and medium point sizes in a 2 pack. The medium point blue is Papermate #49124, while the medium point black is Papermate #49324. The fine point blue is Papermate #43124, while the fine point black is Papermate #43324.

I can't tell you how many hours I have searched the internet looking for the older Papermate Profile pens, as I figured someone must have some quantities left. The good news is I found them in 2 places.

So if you too are a fan of the Papermate Profile pen, here it is. Go for it.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM , Blogger Roland said...

    New site for Papermate Classic Profile pens while they still have them is www.Parkerpencloseouts.com

     
  • At 2:54 PM , Blogger Mike Telesca said...

    I had one of these when I was a youngun and sadly it did not last through the exuberance of my youth. Just got another one on eBay.

    Holding it in my hand now, I cannot tell if it feels smaller because I've grown or if it's because inmaybhave had a husky version.

    I know they made three sizes: slim, regular and husky. How can one tell which size one has?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home